Thursday, November 16, 2006

How cool is this?



The baby book I made for clients Tricia and Brian was chosen by its publisher, Asukabook, for its Book of the Month. It's the August book, but the announcement just went live today! It's called 'Becoming Leif.' Go and have a peek. I often make books for my wedding and portrait clients, but this one was a special delight since I'd grown so close to the family after spending so many sessions with them. They chose my 'Blue Line Package' which involves several shoots. It was crazy! We photographed them on the beach at dawn. We photographed them in the studio. We photographed them underwater at a pool. We photographed Tricia in her bathtub under 12 dozen (fridge-cold) eggs.

I stepped out of my usual box a bit by telling their pregnancy and birth book as a bedtime story for their son. I remembered when my girls were little, and how much they loved fables about themselves as babies, and how much they would have loved a picture book about how they got here, and how much they were loved and anticipated when I was pregnant. I just knew Leif would love a book about himself just as they would have.

Anyway, I'm pleased and so proud of the family. They are such awesome parents! They were an utter delight to work for, and I was bereft when the job finally came to a close six days after the baby was born. I hope they have me back to do future work for them!

No comments: