Sunday, April 8, 2007

Spring is still springing here in Vancouver...

Still working slowly to get the fine art site up and running.

I had my favourite model and second-born daughter, Meghann, out under the second string of Vancouver's blooming cherry blossoms this week, this time in Queen Elizabeth park, where, given it's Easter, there were a considerable number of picnickers and revellers. There was even a family who had erected a tent for their kids to play in. The weather has been much, much warmer than last weekend, though it's overcast, sprinkling and a little cooler today. (Rain is due. Yuck. More of it.) It was a challenge getting good shots around all the people enjoying the park, but I managed, and hopefully I'll find time to pop some up in our portrait section. Meantime, here's a couple ones I've worked on...



The last shot is of the art "Vancouver Ancestors" by the Polish artist Magdalena Abakanowicz. I love this installation, part of the Vancouver Sculpture Biennale. I'm sure most Vancouverites, including me, wish all the sculpture around Vancouver would stay permanently; alas, only a few will stay.

No comments: