Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cutie pie on her first birthday

How often do you get to photograph a baby on the exact day she turns one? I was so glad I was able to schedule Ms T right on time. She was such a little love... Mom brought a cupcake to celebrate the occasion, and when we were all done, she brought it out for Ms T. Ms T looked at her like, You have got to be kidding me! Is this for real? It was, and she made a wonderful, glorious mess. Happy birthday, Ms T!

Here are some things Ms T's mom had to say about her:

Our little Ms T has an older brother. How many years between them? Did you plan the spacing?

T is 3 years apart from her brother J. Yes I did plan to have them at least 2 yrs apart so I can relish each child at their different stages-one with diapers and one without. If they were too close together I think everything would be more of a blur.

Do you have more photographs of your firstborn?

I think I have more pictures of T now. I wanted to be diligent in having as many pics as my first, if not more. Because we decided she would be our last baby and I wanted more infant photos.

What does Ms T do that melts your heart the most?

When she pouts her mouth like a piggy's snout and makes a funny weird sound with it. She can actually do this on demand. I just think she's soooo cute when she does that face.

Does Ms T sleep well through the nights?

She does!!! She's been sleeping 10+ hours a night since she was 4 weeks old. We're really blessed. She sleeps well through growth spirts, teething, and fever. The only thing is that she's a very light sleeper so we need to be very quiet when she's down. And it's difficult to tell a 4 yr old boy to stop making noises of destruction.

What was her first word?

BaBaa (for daddy)

Has Ms T taken her first step yet?

She has taken many steps with children furniture that she can drag along with, but not on her own.

Are there other kids on the way in your family, or are you
stopping here?


I am stopping here at 2. Two is perfect for us.


What is your favourite time of day with Ms T?


My favorite time of the day with Tallulah would be after her first nap, around 3:00pm. We play, watch a little bit of cartoons and take a fun bath which she loves a lot.

Does she have a cuddly blanket or other favourite lovey?

She doesn't have a favorite blankey nor a lovey. I've heard some scary stories when children lose, forget or won't allow you to wash their favorite thing- they can get into this rage and fuss where they're just not happy campers. I didn't want my children to be too attached to just one thing but instead be comfortable with alternating a few favorite things. They need to be flexible. I have 3 organic favs for T-a sleeping bunny, a dolly, and a ducky teether.










20 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! that last photo is absolutely one of the cutest shots ive ever seen!!!!

she is too too cute

lumin-essence said...

How cute is she?!?! I love the squished up nose! Fran

eglassphotography said...

Oh what a beautiful baby! Looks like she has quite a personality to go along with her looks. Gorgeous pictures, love them!

Laura Brett said...

What a beautiful girl! Love your b&w's great job! ++L

Miranda - Tech Div said...

Ohhhh the wings, super super adorable! ++

Anonymous said...

The birthday cake mess is so fun and colorful!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the teddy bear picnic.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweetheart! Beautiful images!

Anonymous said...

adorable shots!

sherry boles~ said...

Now that's one happy birthday girl!! How cute! :)

Anonymous said...

what an absolute doll!! Love the q&a with mum too!

Kori Hiser said...

TOO adorable! Love the squished nose!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. What a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

I love love that collage! The first image is so perfect. You capture your subject's expression perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Love her facial expressions!

Anonymous said...

love, love, love these!!!!

absolutely adorable little girl too!

Anonymous said...

These are too cute. I love the colors in the storyboard.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to try the birthday cake session. It looks fun but messy!

Alanna said...

Soooo precious!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby and beautiful work... Happy birthday Ms. T. :)